Friday, April 27, 2012

The Ricky Gervais Show

I have mentioned The Ricky Gervais Show during my well-prepared presentation on podcasts. It is the most downloaded podcast ever. All right? Good.
The Ricky Gervais Show features pointless conversation between British comedians and writing partners Ricky Gervais (obviously) and Stephen Merchant, and their friend, Karl Pilkington. Karl is a bit of an oddity, who doesn't really know much about the world, but he is unwittingly very funny. It really should be called The Karl Pilkington Show.
In 2010, an animated version of the podcast started on HBO, as a half-hour series. It features old recordings, with Hanna Barbera style animation added on top of it.
Here's a clip from it, my lovely chipmunks.


3 comments:

  1. Gotta love Ricky Gervais. A lot of people were outraged by his speech at the Golden Globes, but I think he's hilarious. He was brilliantly awkward to watch in The Office. I even cited him in my thesis. He's brilliant. For me, he's the British equivalent of Robin Williams.

    oh, and before I forget: I'm LMDO every time I see your tags. priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Ricky Gervais is Fred from The Flintstones.

    ReplyDelete